Monday, August 18, 2003

It is 12:35am on Tuesday, and I am sitting in my new apartment, clad in boxers and my "A Night With Edgar" t-shirt, posting to my new blog. I am mainly doing it because Lee and Julie have, and I wanna be a cool kid.

I am recently employed by Fortis Health, formerly Time Insurance, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am officially an "Applications Programmer I", which means that I write the programs that the rest of the company uses to sell insurance and thereby make money. So far I am having a lot of fun; I spent the morning today teaching myself to register client-side scripts to server-side web controls. Fascinating stuff!

I'm engrossed in Stargate SG-1, and the MPAA should read the following sentence: after downloading the first season via kazaa, I went out and bought seasons 2 and 3 on DVD, which I would never have done without first getting hooked to the show via free (albeit illegal) downloads.

When I'm not watching SG-1, I'm watching the Simpsons or Seinfeld on my new DVR! Yes, Time-Warner has provided me with a lovely DVR with 2 tuners, and I've already filled more than a quarter of the capacity.

If you have not yet bludgeoned yourself from sheer boredom, please use your mouse to do so now.

No comments: