Tuesday, August 19, 2003

I have just been in a department meeting and given my first presentation. It went well, and we scheduled a team lunch at Benihana's for mid-october. For those of you who don't know, Benihana's is a cool japanese restaurant where the chefs cook your food in front of you. I'm looking forward to showing off by ordering in japanese, except we're smack dab in the middle of Whitebread, Wisconsin, so all the waitpersons/chefs may be americans. Even if they are, I will still order in nihongo (japanese).

Meanwhile, I checked my project into Source Safe today, which is exciting the first time, and sort of like the New Kids on the Block in that it is going from new and fun to boring and irritating faster than Antonio Banderas to hair products. (By the way, does anybody else have fond memories of all the jokes about Uncle Jesse's hair-care fetish from Full House? Antonio just isn't as much fun to rip on as John Stamos.)

Back to work.

Private message to Bobh: The bedraggled ostrich buries its head in the golden wheat field.

No comments: