Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Political Correctness Reaches New Heights Of Stupidity

Anyone who has ever put two hard drives on the same ribbon ( and I realize this is only a subset of my readership, but bear with me ) knows that the CPU needs to determine which one to look at first when booting the computer. Since 1970 the primary has been called the master drive, while the secondary drive is referred to as being "slaved" to the master.

Apparently someone in the LA bureaucracy took offence to this terminology and now all vendors are required to change their literature. http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp

This is possibly the most asinine, ignorant, dumbfuck thing I have ever heard of with regards to PC idiocy, and it makes me embarrassed to live in this country. The government's job is to put police on the streets and keep the lights on, not "clean up" the language.

Sheesh.


No comments: