Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Nostalgia

I was tooling around the Troupe site and reading through old emails, (lee == awesome + hilarious / competent) and I thought I'd get a round of nostalgic blog posts going. If you were in Troupe, answer the following 5 questions on your blog:

1. Most uncomfortable stage troupe moment:

OK I don't know about the rest of you but I felt really really uncomfortable during Kim Chistensen's proposal for "Les Liasones Dangereuse" at the Fall 2003 proposals meeting. Especially cause I was sitting down front. And she kept looking at me. And reading in French.

UPDATE: Upon further reflection I've decided this moment ties with every single time I had to explain to someone about Amy Bishop.


2. Best cast bonding moment:

Unquestionably coming back in 45 minutes with pizza. During A Night With Edgar, there was a cast bonding at 35 Chester (which is now burned to the ground MUAHAHAHA), wherein Katherine Buckman snapped my last nerve by telling me I was replaceable and I should leave.

I stormed out, but since I loved everyone else there and had not thrown a tantrum in about 8 years, I returned 45 minutes later calmed down and bearing 5 large pepperoni pizzas.


3. What was your legacy?

Heh, the Gilhooly amendment.


4. Favorite play?

It's a toss-up between Earnest, and Edgar. Really I'd have to say Earnest because while The Raven was like acting heroin, it only made up the last 10 minutes of the show. Plus Earnest was written for me. Had I been as good as I wanted to in it, Othello would have been better. But I didn't feel I lived up to the role, plus as Raffile will tell you I'm a pasty white jew with a small dick.


5. Best Party?

Hmm, I'd have to say Peach at Chester (is that the one I'm thinking of?). Mandie drunk wearing Ben's beret and hugging everyone in sight, Bent and I laughing about Shirakawa-sensei (and of course, the always-amusing SOOOOOOOOO Drunk!), Cara Bolin nowhere in sight, Go Go Daddy from Raffile, and sitting in a bathtub with Riggs and Willow talking about tattoos and Allah.

OK! So now it's up to you, troupies. Post away! Procrastinate and multiply!



No comments: