Sunday, November 23, 2003

Grossness + 'Smunchie

So Thursday morning I woke up around 4am because I needed to run to the bathroom and boot. Suffice it to say, I decided to stay home. I determined that the cause of the problem was some chicken I had possibly not cooked all the way. Firday was equally crappy, but by yesterday I felt better. So today my company is burning a crapload of electricity lighting up the entire 4th floor so that I can make up my hours. It's eerily silent here. I am the only one in the office. Strangely, with no one here to look over my shoulder, I am even more productive.

Anyway, the real reason all this was a shame is that Wednesday night I spoke to Royale, who I hadn't talked to in a long time, and promised to mention her on my blog. So finally, Ro, here we are.

Royale is going crazy with lots of activities and stuff, most notably Tony Kushner's "Angels in America" which Stage Troupe is doing this year literally on overlapping weekends. Also weird is that Royale has the same role as Julie, so it's a very small world after all.

She's also applying to grad school - currently she wants to get a masters in theater (or is it fine arts?) because she wants to be a college professor. More power to her, right?

Finally, Royale, you must learn that the blog is a powerful weapon and even I cannot control it. I am forced beyond my will to explain to the masses the origin of "Smunchie".

So when I was 15-16, our oper Emma (she's the subject of a whole other entry) was really into Beavis & Butthead, and so consequently was I. I spent the next 2 years talking like Beavis and calling Royale an "Assmunch". However she did not like this and prevailed upon our Mother to make me stop. So my secret code that mom couldn't decipher was to call my darling sister "Smunchie" instead. Thus was born a nickname which led to many episodes of physical violence.

Now back to tabulating health interview questions into a statistically analyzable data format! woohoo!

P.S. Is "analyzable" a word?

No comments: