Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Weekend Update (Sans Tina Fey, Jimmy "I Can't Act" Fallon, Colin Quinn, Norm McDonald, Kevin Nealon, Jane Curtin or Dan Akroyd)

This weekend was sheer awesomeness from start to finish. First of all, geek factor 5:

Got my dark-elf monk to level 13 in Dark Alliance 2.
Captured approx. 200 monkeys and am rated at 51% through Ape Escape 2.
Broke through to the parallel world of Teth'ealla after breaking the fourth and final seal in Symphonia.
Got level 20 fishing and level 20 cooking in FFXI.

I haven't opened Phantom Brave or Star Ocean 3 yet, I'm saving them for focused individual play when I get through the current crop. BUT all the message boards are lit up with praise for both, so I'm excited to play them soon.

Additional Geeky Tidbit: Transformers DVD's arrived in swank "Premier" mail room packaging from Sara Brady, may her awesomness prevail forever, including "Best of the Autobots" and "Best of the Decepticons". Seriously, whoever came up with the name Decepticons has got to spend every day of his life thinking "I came up with the coolest name for evil robots EVER." Anyway on top of everything else recieving free swag from my "hollywood connection / new best friend forever" just made my weekend.

So on Monday my cousin Jenny threw a labor day barbeque at her house. I showed up and was immediately swarmed with women who spent about an hour cornering me telling me how much they loved my father Edward. I have to say that after the 10th time this has happened to me since moving here I wish someone would just call everybody who could possibly care that I am his son and get them all together for a meet and greet so I can be done with it. There's only so many hours of listening to people reminisce about him in front of me while I smile awkwardly at people I don't know that I can handle. But after I made my escape I was swarmed by 4 year olds demanding rides and basketball dunks and various games so that was actually a lot of fun. The food was great, Annie looked good and was having a good time. I got a little buzz on my third beer and then switched to water so I could drive home in a couple hours.

Then after the bbq all the 20 somethings came over to our apartment to watch American Splendor. Great movie. But Stu, can you do something about the disc we rented from Blockbuster? It was all scratchy and we had to skip 2 chapters.


No comments: