Thursday, July 01, 2004

IntraOffice Amusements

So there's this woman in my office who (thank god) sits nowhere near me, my floor taking up approximately 5000 square feet, but whom I walk past probably 5 to 6 times a day on my way to the elevator / bathroom / whatever.

Note: the following is not an exaggeration.

For the past two months, every time I walk past her she is playing, at a somewhat reasonable volume, Evanescence's Fallen. She doesn't listen to anything else. It's just Evanescence on permanent repeat, 24/7, and it's been that way for at least 9 weeks.

Don't get me wrong, Fallen is a fun album to listen to. Some of the songs sound the same but Amy Lee is a good vocalist and it's a strong first effort. But I imagine the people in a 3-cube radius around her must want to murder her in cruel and unusual ways.

Sheesh.

No comments: