Thursday, June 24, 2004

A Thought Experiment

Suppose for a moment that you have a hot friend named Nicole.

Now suppose that one day I'm talking to you and I say something to the effect of "Man, I saw Nicole yesterday and she was looking hot! After I saw her I went straight home and rubbed one out." Now suppose the next day you and I are chatting again and I say "I saw Nicole again today, she's lost a lot of weight but her breasts are still big. Anyway, I went home after I bumped into her and spanked the monkey." Every day for the next 3 months you get a variant on "Nicole is hot! I ran into her at the mall. Then I went home to choke my weasel."

After 3 months you get tired of hearing about my private recreational habits so you set me up on a date with Nicole. However when you tell me this I give you an odd look and say "Why on earth did you do that? I'm gay!"

Despite the fact that I never technically lied to you, wouldn't you feel you had been decieved? Maybe even intentionally decieved?

Just some food for thought.

No comments: