Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Grrr

It makes me a little irritated that Bush will give Reagan's eulogy. The whole point of a eulogy is to honor a man's life with a speech, something even W has admitted he's crap at. Why hog the limelight for a few cheap political sympathy points? Let someone who speaks well, maybe even someone who actually believes in Reagan Republicanism instead of Blinding By The Right, deliver a sendoff for the great man.

I mean, where's John McCain?

Bah.


UPDATE: I was just informed that the Reagan family invited W to speak, so I retract my "political points" comment. Upon further thought I suppose it is an honor to have a sitting president speak at your funeral, and the family will have a more intimate funeral later in the week. However, I still think Reagan deserves a better speaker. I wonder if Bush will even write it himself?

No comments: