Thursday, September 04, 2003

I spent last night cruising around downtown milwaukee with Ben Riggs. It was good to see a familiar face, plus he bought me a beer and a frozen custard (which to me is the same as good ice cream, but he insists there is a difference.) We discussed some of his plans, which include a lot of writing and a day-job translating arabic. I am looking forward to spending the next couple weeks getting all the gossip that I missed over the summer.

In other news, I found this highly amsuing:

The US Army - which partly sponsors the show's makers, the New York-based Children's Television Workshop - certainly loves Sesame Street. Especially its saccharine theme music about everything being "A-OK".

Iraqi prisoners were treated to repeated playings of the ditty at ear-splitting volume by US psychological operations officers intent on encouraging their captives to submit to questioning.


So there ya go.

No comments: