Monday, July 11, 2005

Sweet Cuppin' Cakes!

The title of this post is a shout-out to someone that knows who they are, and who I would like to hear from. :D

A couple good things happened recently, not globally but to me personally. First of all, I started catching up on my Strong Bad emails, several of which were quite amusing. I still have many to go before I'm current, so there's something to look forward to, right?

Also KCRW started podcasting pretty much their whole lineup, which means I can listen to The World, Weekend Edition, Morning Becomes Eclectic, and various other tasty public programs on my iPod. While working diligently, of course.

Yesterday the Server was in town so she, J-Lo, Dan From James & The Giant Peach Whose Last Name I Forget Because I'm A Terrible Person, and I went out to Westwood where we proceeded to mass-consume like the consumer whores we truly are. In N' Out, Diddy Reese, Habibi mint hookah, and a couple beers at a local bar made a wonderfully glutonous backdrop for some excellent conversation. Also the bar played a clip from Dumb And Dumber, so really the only thing that could have made it better would have been more Troupies around to enjoy the evening. Erin, hurry up and get out here!

There's something remarkably peaceful about driving down the coast at night, with the windows down and the smell of the ocean wafting across the dashboard. It's very quiet, so that the turn signal's click-clack, click-clack beats in rhythm with your heart and California feels like home.

All in all, a good weekend.

No comments: