Thursday, October 23, 2003

Stu, thank you for getting me hooked.

Spike: "Is this the part where I say 'Who's there?' and something creepy happens?"

*creepy shadow flits past in background*

Spike: "Thought so."

This is why I love this show.

In real life news, I'm doing interim work data mining a huge database to get statistics for my boss, Kaye, until my next project kicks in. It's not glamorous, but it definitly makes the days fly by. Friday I'm taking Tom rock climbing at the gym and then we're going to the Scary Movie 3 premier. I hope he finds some women to bring along.

Just to give you an idea of how fun this database analysis thing is, I'll give you an example. There's this question on the application that asks if the applicant is a student. It's a yes/no answer. But instead of having one entry in the database which represents yes or no, there's two entries: one for whether or not the "yes" button was clicked and one for whether or not the "no" button was clicked. Guess who designed the database?

Microsoft.

DAMN YOU GATES, YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN! THIS PLUS MILENNIUM MEANS VENGEANCE!

No comments: