Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Planet Earth: Mountains

Royale bought me an amazing Christmas (now for Jews!!!) present: the complete Discovery DVD set for the series Planet Earth.

We watched the first episode, Pole To Pole, in Illinois together and it was incredible.

I've decided to blog the next episode, Mountains, to share with you this incredible series. If I can, I'll try to rip some screen caps later and edit them into the post.

300 feet below sea level a chain of young volcanoes are forming along a deep gash in the Earth in Ethiopia where continents are pulling apart. Vivid, bright orange lava shots; 70,000,000 years ago this area was flat. Volcanoes spewed up huge mountains.

You know what, this is too amazing to keep interrupting with typing. I'll get back to you at the end.


...


Wow. Incredible. They showed a volcano that has been active for over 100 years, a snow leopard hunt, and rock climbing monkeys. All I can say is, see this series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so happy you love it!!! :) :) :)