Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Work Gets Interesting, So Does Play

We've reached the point in the project I've been working on since I took my job at William O'Neil where things are getting interesting.

I'm in charge of the design and implementation of a maintenance website for the central database that contains all of the company's data. I'm working in next-generation technology (Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0) and implementing all types of best-practice patterns like a model-view controller for the UI and web-service exposure for all of the data and possibly some of the more reuseable business objects.

Almost all of the documentation is done, and withing two weeks I should be coding, happy as a pig in shit.

I know this doesn't mean much to most of you, but hey, it's my blog damnit and I'm excited to be done with data transformation and not having tangible, satisfying work to do.

Also, I think Jeremy and Raffile are the only ones who could appreciate this, but my guild killed 8/10 Molten Core bosses on saturday. We should summon Majordomo by the end of the month and (hopefully) take our first shot at Ragnaros! We're also edging closer to being able to kill Onyxia (the Bitch).

No comments: